Our Commitment to Your Health and Safety:
DFX has taken steps to reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus within the clinic, as COVID is still a part of our daily lives. This document outlines the policies and procedures that we ask all clients, families, and staff to follow. DFX is closely following CDC guidelines regarding what to do if you have been exposed to the coronavirus or live with someone who has been exposed. Please review them here to be certain you understand these protocols.
We’re asking everyone to join us in the effort to minimize exposure:
To obtain in person services, we ask that you agree to take certain precautions that will help keep everyone (you, your therapist, DFX staff, and other patients) safer from exposure and possible illness. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting/returning to a telehealth arrangement.
When to cancel or reschedule your child’s appointment:
DFX asks that you adhere to the following guidelines for when to cancel/reschedule an appointment:
- You will only keep your child’s in-person appointment if you have followed the DFX Health Check Procedures (see below).
- The CDC defines exposure as an individual who has had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more).
- If you or someone in your household has been exposed or currently has COVID 19:
- AND you and/or your child are not up to date on your vaccinations and boosters, please cancel your child’s appointment. You can reschedule your child’s appointment after a 5 day quarantine. DFX will not charge you our normal cancellation fee.
- AND are up-to-date on your vaccinations and boosters, you can keep your child’s appointment if you and your child have no symptoms.
- AND has confirmed COVID-19 within the past 90 days (you tested positive using a viral test), you can keep your child’s appointment if you and your child have no symptoms.
Direct in-person care safety precautions:
For all direct care, we will follow safety precautions to mitigate exposure to the ongoing coronavirus presence. Here are a few key precautions for direct therapy:
- You will wait in your car until your therapist has approached your vehicle at the start of your session time.
- You will wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you enter the building or at the start of an off-site therapy session.
- You will adhere to the social distancing precautions we have set up in the waiting room, gym, and clinic rooms. For example, you won’t move chairs or sit where we have signs asking you not to sit.
- You will wear a mask in all areas of the clinic facility or for the duration of off-site services.
- If you are bringing your child, you will make sure that your child follows all of these sanitation and distancing protocols.
- You will take steps between appointments to minimize your exposure to COVID-19.
DFX may change the above precautions if additional local, state, or federal orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, we will talk about any necessary changes and update this form.
DFX Health Check Procedures:
- If you have been tested for COVID 19 and are waiting for results, please quarantine from the time you were exposed to the virus until you receive a negative test result.
- 24 hours prior to your child’s appointment, you must complete a self-administered health check for EVERY family member in your household(s). Please screen family members for the following:
- Has anyone in the family been in contact with any individuals with COVID-19 at any time during the last 14 days?
- Complete a temperature check with a temple thermometer. Please screen for a temperature that is 100.4 or above.
- Do any family members have any of these symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If the client or any family member has been in close contact with anyone with COVID 19 in the last 10 days, AND has 3 or more of the symptoms listed above, you must reschedule your child’s appointment.
- Our therapist will complete another health check once you come to the office.
- Please note that if either you or your child have 3 or more of the symptoms listed above, we will not be able to complete the evaluation. Our client coordinator will call you to reschedule.